UCD Ireland’s top business school and research institute, Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, has been delivering superior business education since 1908. We provide a selection of postgraduate business degrees, including Ireland’s top MBA program, which prepares students to lead businesses in the future.
Our success can be attributed to our persistent dedication to quality. We are one of only 90 globally listed schools with triple certification from certifying authorities in the United States, Europe, and the United Kingdom.
The caliber and knowledge of our Faculty is one of the pillars of our reputation as one of the top business schools in the world. Leading academics from throughout the world are recruited by UCD Smurfit School, resulting in a varied student body.
UCD Smurfit Ranking
- Ranked by the Financial Times as
- 23rd College among the European Business Schools
- 89th among Full-Time MBA programs in the world and 25th in Europe
- 68th among Executive MBA programs in the world
- 43rd among Executive Education Open Enrolment programs in the world
- 7th among Master in International Management programs in the world
- 36th among MSc Finance programs in the world
- Ranked by The Economist as 59th among Executive MBA programs in the world
- Ranked by QS World University Rankings as
- 24th among MSc Finance programs in the world
- 42nd among MSc Management programs in the world
- 15th among MSc in Marketing programs in the world
- 13th among MSc in Business Analytics programs in the world
- 41st among Executive MBA programs in the world
UCD Smurfit MiM Program Curriculum
The depth and breadth of the 12 core courses that all students must take during the course’s 12 months reflect the intensive management foundation that is offered.
- exposure to contemporary management approaches and ideas
- Encouragement to hone your ability to recognize, critically evaluate, and offer answers to a range of business issues in both domestic and foreign contexts.
- Through group interactions, case discussions, presentations, and our end-of-year business simulation exercise, you may improve your interpersonal, communication, and management abilities.
- the possibility to acquire the variety of abilities necessary to start and finish independent research and project work.
You will develop a conceptual grasp of management principles and business models through the UCD Smurfit MSc program, which is facilitated by internationally trained academics and industry leaders. You will hone your analytical abilities to strategize and resolve issues encountered in the actual world of business. A variety of group and extracurricular activities would also support your personal and professional progress.
|Autumn Trimester||Spring Trimester||Summer Trimester|
|Accounting Information for ManagersCorporate FinanceEconomics and MarketsHuman Resource Management||Global Strategic ManagementMarketing Building Sustainable Supply Chain Advantage Digital Innovation Strategy.||Corporate Social ResponsibilityGlobal Leadership and TeamsBusiness SimulationManaging Innovative Projects|
Intercultural Development Programme (ICD)
ICD is an innovative research-driven and theory-based intercultural professional development training program that is the first and only one of its kind in Ireland. It seeks to help you stand out from the competition by developing your Key 21st-Century Skills. National corporates that employ and serve a diverse population, as well as non-governmental organizations, governments, and international organizations that operate on a global scale, value these abilities. The ICD program will strengthen your CV, giving you an advantage over graduates of other business programs in the international job market.
Global Leadership Programme (GLP)
The Global Leadership Programme (GLP) gives you the chance to participate in a wide variety of cocurricular events, or learning opportunities outside of the Master’s degree modules.
It’s all about assisting you in developing into a powerful leader with a global perspective. This optional course will boost your potential for effective leadership at both the personal and organizational levels. The GLP will significantly improve your CV and help you stand out from other similarly qualified applicants when you’re looking for work and attending interviews.
Within three months of graduation, 89% of UCD MiM (MSc in Management) graduates find employment. Additionally, there are many options for jobs abroad. Graduates can find employment across several industries. The average salary of the MiM graduates is $68,400 with 89% of the class being placed. The top 3 sectors recruiting graduates are Consulting, Finance, and Technology.
You must have a second-class or above in honors (or equivalent). Graduates with majors in fields other than business who want to work in that field or earn a business qualification should apply.
English Language Requirement: All of our programs require English language proficiency for admission if it is not your first language. If you obtained your main degree or the entirety of a third-level certification in an English-speaking nation, you are an exception to this regulation.
|Fees Full-Time EU:||€15,000 ( academic year 2023/2024)|
|Full-Time Non-EU:||€21,520 (academic year 2023/2024)|
UCD Smurfit Alumni
A global network of more than 98,000 alumni from UCD Business can be found in more than 100 different countries. Through a variety of alumni events and services, UCD Business Alumni’s main goal is to assist our business graduates in maintaining connections with co-workers, classmates, academics, and the larger business community.